My first ever attempt at making a video on iMovie! Thanks to a very helpful webinar from the guys at www.foodbloggerpro.com
Thought I'd give it a whirl whilst brewing a new batch of Kombucha. NB making kombucha is easier and a hell of a lot faster than making videos! I had fun though, and look forward to the arrival of my tripod this week so I can use both hands!!!
Recipe to make your own:
Makes 4 ltres of Kombucha
1 healthy scoby, ask a friend or buy online , plenty of online Kombucha options
12 green tea bags, any flavours but apple or pear ones work really well.
340g white sugar
4ltres boiling water
A container (Kilner make really lovely ones with a little tap on the bottom for £15, available in most homeware shops.
1. Pour the water into a clean plastic/ceramic bowl and add the tea bags. and all the sugar.
2. Leave to cool completey, remove the teabags then pour the remaining tea into the container you are going to use to brew the kombucha in.
3. Add the scoby to the tea, making sure the scoby doesn't come into contact with aything metal during the process, and leave covered with a cotton cloth at room temperature for 4-5 days.
4 Once the kombucha has fermented it should taste quite sharp with a bit of fizz to it. If it still tastes mostly of tea, leave it for another day.
5. Empty your brew into bottles and store in the cupboard or the fridge. (It definiely tastes better served cold)
6. Start the process over again.